Katharine kindly told me the recipe and one day I will create it properly but not today, today involved rain, two 2-hour meetings, crazy access right problems, several changes in specification and some sort of hideous problem with setting up the development environment.
So today I made up a tribute to Katharine’s dish.
And it was GOOD!
- Tin of coconut milk
- Red Thai Curry Paste
- Two frozen fish fillets – I had cod
- Half a large potato
- Fresh Coriander
- Put a tablespoon or so of the curry paste into a saucepan over a medium heat, let it sizzle a bit
- Add tin of coconut milk
- Get your fish fillets out of the freezer
- I only used half a potato but you could use more if you wanted – cut the potato into cubes
- Add potato to the bubbling coconut milk
- Give it about 7-9 minutes till the potato is softish
- Add the fish fillets
- Leave it bubbling – not too madly – for, oo, 7 ish minutes
- When you can’t resist it any longer poke at the pan to break up the fish a bit
- Give it a taste – more curry paste? I thought so too, stick it in.
- Stick the rice into the microwave (Yes, I use microwave rice, sticky rice would work very well with this though if you know how to do it)
- Pass a knife though a small bunch of coriander a couple of times to vaguely chop it
- Put done rice into a bowl, spoon fish and potatoes over the top then pour over the sauce
- Put fresh coriander on top and enjoy